December 4, 2015

Things I Miss From Ohio

Hi Fans!

As some of you know I am from Dayton, Ohio (more specifically, Centerville).When I left for Stanford I didn’t think I would miss anything about Ohio, but I was so wrong. Here are a couple things I miss:

Bill’s Donuts: Bill’s is a donut joint in Centerville, Ohio that has become more and more famous for its delicious donuts. The selection of donuts they have is extensive and none of them will disappoint. People from towns all over come to Bill’s to try it. It is open 24/7 so it is a really nice midnight snack on summer nights.

Skyline Chili: (I’m starting to notice a theme of food) Skyline is a restaurant that serves conies (mini hotdogs with cheese, onions, and mustard), 3,4, or 5 ways that included chili and cheese on top of spaghetti noodles, a 4- way has beans in addition, and a 5-way has beans and onions. I did not appreciate it as much as I should have, it is SO good.

King’s Island: King’s Island is an amusement park near Cincinnati, Ohio. I am not really a roller coaster person but it is still a lot of fun. There are a bunch of rides and games, but there is also a water park, which is my favorite. I love all the water slides, the wave pools, and my favorite is the lazy river. But my favorite time for King’s Island is around Halloween. During the fall, King’s Island has a “Fear Fest”. Fear fest is where they turn different parts of the part into “haunted house” type things. You walk through different parts and there are different themed places to match all your worst fears: clowns, hospitals taken over by zombies, werewolves, and much more. So missing Fear Fest this year was very different

Canes Chicken: Canes Chicken, to continue my food theme, is a restaurant that only serves chicken tenders, toasted bread, French fries, and cole slaw. They are the best chicken fingers I have ever had!

Graeters: Graeters is an ice cream place in Ohio. They have an assortment of unique flavors. My favorite is called the Buckeye Blitz, it is chocolate ice cream with huge chocolate chunks and little peanut butter nuggets. It is delicious.

-Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment