For those of you who don’t know, I’m one of the two Sarah B’s on this team. But please, call me anything but that—it brings back too many memories of kindergarten with all the other Sarahs trying to steal my first name. So, to be exact, I’m Sarah Boruta, and if you’ve seen me around, I’ve probably been armed with a camera and tripod, trying to shoot you. This is because I will be doing the film work for the team this season, with the official title of “Video Intern”.
Now, I’m from Michigan, and what, you might ask, would make a born and raised Midwesterner want to move 2,500 miles across the country to work at Stanford? To be honest, it wasn’t a hard decision. I could sum it up and say that Stanford has everything a person could ever want, but I still have some space to fill, so I may as well list some of my reasons.
- Championship Basketball: Get ready to watch us cut down the nets!
- Tara and Her Staff: 700+ wins. 1996 Olympic gold medal. Need I say more?
- Warm Weather: In other words, a new wardrobe and an excuse to go clothes shopping
- California Cuisine: In-N-Out cheeseburgers with toasted buns and a lot of ketchup are just my style…
- Entertainment: The Bay Area is a land of opportunity; there’s always something fun to do!
…And until next time… Go Card!