February 17, 2009

Ashley is a fan of old records

Usually on a typical day off, I try to catch up on my sleep and do any work that I may have gotten behind on. But on our last day off, I did something a little different.

Hannah and I love music and have similar tastes, and we started to take an interest in collecting old records. For Christmas, Hannah got a really cool record player, and we had wanted to go searching for some new records. So on our day off, after classes, we searched the Internet for a record store close to campus, and found one called The Record Man in Redwood City.

We got directions, and prepared for our adventure. I didn’t try to get my hopes up, just in case the record store was a disappointment, but when we got there, I was amazed.

When we walked into The Record Man, there were various rooms of records, including rooms dedicated to Rock, Hip-Hop, Reggae, and Classical records. The walls of the store were lined from the floor to the ceiling in all these different rooms with thousands of records and there were various listening stations throughout the store. We could have spent hours in the store searching for all types of records.

Fortunately, we went into the store with certain artists in mind, so we wouldn’t be there forever. I ended up getting records by Fleetwood Mac, Lenny Kravitz, and the Eagles and Hannah got Bob Dylan, the Beatles, and Led Zeppelin records. It was a really successful trip, and the records have been on rotation in our room ever since.

If you happen to be a fan of listening to old records, I highly recommend checking out The Record Man. You won’t be disappointed!

Go Card!!
Ashley Cimino #24

No comments:

Post a Comment