The holiday season is upon us, and the team is extremely excited to go home to celebrate with their families. As you all know, our team is from all over the country: Illinois, California, Texas, and D.C. just to name a few. We constantly debate over which coast or area is the best, but there is no question as to which part of the U.S. really has the Christmas spirit. Therefore, I present you with the…
Top Ten Reasons Why Christmas With Snow Is The Real Christmas:
10) There is a huge difference between wearing Uggs and a fashionable scarf to face the 50 degree Christmas weather versus wearing water proof boots and extremely stylish puffy snow pants to trek through the holiday snow.
9) Decorative reindeer made out of lights don't look like deer without the presence of snow to set the scene.
8) Christmas lights look most appropriate wrapped around bare tree branches and shining through a thin layer of snow, not adorning palm trees.
7) One can only build a legitimate snowman out of actual snow. Building a “snowman” out of sand just does not count.
6) There is nothing like having a snow day to set the mood for the Christmas season. It just gives you more time to enjoy a long nap, drink some delicious coffee, and do some holiday tie-dying by the fire.
5) Nothing says “Welcome Home and Merry Christmas!” better than ridiculously long security lines and three hour flight delays at the airport due to snow.
-“Dashing through the snow…” (“Jingle Bells”)
-“I’m dreaming of a white Christmas…” (“White Christmas”)
-“In the lane, snow is glistening…walking in a winter wonderland…” (“Winter Wonderland”)
-“Frosty the snowman knew the sun was hot that day, so he said, ‘Let’s run and we’ll have some fun now before I melt away…”’ (“Frosty the Snowman)
4) Snow validates all the best Christmas songs. Here are a few of the many examples:
3) Nothing brings out your inner child more than the snowy Christmas season. There is no other time where catching snow flakes on your tongue or making snow angels for hours is 150% acceptable regardless of age.
2 )What would all the loving grandmothers and yiayias do if they did not need to knit mittens and hats to keep their little rascals warm?
1) Sibling disputes can only be truly settled with snow ball fights.
Hope you all have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! Go Card!